Author: Stephanie L. Leffler, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Trick or Treat? Neither...October 31, 2022 marks the end of the flexibility of viewing documents virtually to complete the I-9 form.
The United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) will continue to allow virtual document inspections through 10/31/22. No exception for folks working on site. In other words, your folks can make it to your business, documents must be physically verified.
1. Designate a project manager.
2. Flag employees with remote verifications and inspect in-person by 10/31/22.
3. Give employees a heads up about the requirement
4. Set a deadline for employees to schedule a time to review documents.
5. Let GourmetHR handle it. (50 mile radius of Corvallis, OR)